Over the years, Shark has developed its own straight line vacuum, and the APEX DuoClean is their newest product to date.
We’ll take a closer look at the Shark APEX DuoClean in standing position.
There are currently two versions: APEX EARLY GENERATION Without Zero-M and the version with it.
We’ll be looking at Zero-M in particular, which is the most recent update to date.
Is Shark APEX w/Zero-M the Best Standing Column?
Shark APEX with DuoClean Representing the next generation of Shark’s Lists. It is one of the largest, most powerful and diverse lists available right now. APEX with Zero-M is More powerful than any bagless vacuum cleaner with suction and airflow. This model has 101 inches of water lift and 90 feet per minute of airflow. Those numbers are higher than some brands priced over several hundred dollars, such as Dyson Ball Animal 2 and Miele U1 Dynamic. Add the DuoClean head, and this vacuum will work well on a variety of surfaces such as rugs, rugs, and hard surfaces. so it is Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M Good Buy? Read this review to know the good and the bad side of it.
* If you click on this link and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- Outstanding suction and airflow: Like I said, the APEX has excellent power and airflow that beats some hundreds of dollars more expensive brands.
- Makes the Lift-Away System Versatile: It’s one of the few Full Size Lists It can really be used on stairs and upholstery.
- You will pick up anything: The DuoClean head can clean any dry surface dirt from fine dust to large pieces of fruit rings.
- Fully closed system: This is one of the few upright vacuums in this price range with a completely enclosed system that keeps allergens inside the trash.
- An excellent choice for pet owners: Zero-M technology is Shark’s latest innovation that eliminates tangles on the brush roll thanks to the rubber fangs on top of it. In tests, it is very effective at preventing pet and human hair from getting on the brush.
- so heavy: The APEX AZ1002 tips the scales at 16 pounds, but Lift-Away technology mitigates that heaviness by transferring the extra weight from the dustbin and engine to your hand.
- big main nozzle: Cleaning narrow areas will be a problem due to the wide cleaning head.
- Steering can be difficult in portrait mode: Moving this upright in its standard configuration with the dust container attached can strain the arm and wrist.
Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M . design
At first glance, the APEX AZ1002 looks like a traditional vertical. But Shark has some great features that they put into this model to add to the functionality and access.
1. Lifting mechanism outside
One of the features that makes it a viable household cleaner is the electric lifting system Transforms it from a bulky upright vacuum cleaner to a lightweight vacuum cleaner.
It feels the same as a stick vacuum in terms of being lightweight.
With this vacuum cleaner in “electric lift mode”, it can go deep under furniture – which is not possible in a traditional vertical position.
So if you are looking for a device based on this capability, this is an excellent option to consider.
2. Zero-M . cleaning head
If there was one reason to buy this vertical, it would be the Duo Clean nozzle. Shark adds Zero-M, which I believe stands for “zero maintenance”.
This feature makes the APEX AZ1002 an excellent choice for pet owners.
Zero-M is a row of bumps (which look like tiny fangs) that detangle while the engine is running.
For it to work, you have to run the vacuum cleaner about a minute or so after brushing the hair to give it time to detangle the hair.
Duo Clean is great at cleaning surface dirt, as shown in numerous tests.
It will pick up any dry dirt on the surface.
3. Work environment
The handle has fingertip controls that can easily switch between hard floors, low piles, and high pile carpets with ease.
One feature that will help in the ergonomics is the “remote lift” system.
This composition greatly reduces the vacuum when cleaning floors. Like I said earlier, it makes this product function as a stick vacuum.
4. LED headlights
On the nozzle are two rows of LED lights that aid visibility to track dirt. It’s an underrated feature that more straight blanks should have, in my opinion.
Attachments depend on where you purchased the vacuum cleaner.
For example, the bundle from Amazon comes with three tools:
- crevice tool 12: The Shark version has just the right length and is able to go deep between tight spaces like the spaces between cushions.
- Pet Multi Tool: This is a 2-in-1 tool with a drawer/upholstery cleaning attachment and a hard bristle cap for cleaning stubborn pet hair.
- motorized small pet brush: Equipped with a rotating brush with a motor for cleaning upholstery or stairs.
Other tools such as the lower device wand and hypoallergenic dust brush are available for purchase at the Shark online store.
What improvements does the APEX AZ1002 have over the AX951?
APEX AZ1002 did not deviate much from Previous version APEX AX951 Regarding the overall design.
But there are some important upgrades which I will list below.
- More suction: Despite having the same 1350-watt motor, the latest AZ1002 produces more power (101 pounds of hydrolift versus 94 in the AX951).
- Now he has Zero-M: Approximately All new Shark vacuums Comes with Zero-M feature that helps remove tangles on the primary brush roll.
- Best hose construction: The hose on the newer APEX Vertical version contains high-quality, longer-lasting plastic.
- rubber wheels: The newer version has rubber wheels all around that rotate more smoothly and will hold up better in the long run. The older version uses plastic wheels with a non-durable felt cover.
How to clean Shark APEX Upright with Zero-M?
At the heart of the APEX vertical is DuoClean technology with Zero-M.
It is a combination of two innovative features that make it easy for consumers to clean different surfaces.
What makes DuoClean so useful?
DuoClean combines a soft barrel with a standard brush that is a departure from the traditional nozzle with only a bristle brush.
It can capture equally fine and large debris thanks to the wide clearance in front of the cleaning head.
Just look how she can clean up a huge mess like this.
As well as earth dust.
Very few vertical brooms (even more expensive options) have this capability.
What is Zero-M?
Another innovative feature of the APEX AZ1002 is Zero-M which prevents hair from getting wrapped around the brush.
It’s a row of tiny “fangs” or bumps on top of the brush that constantly detangles hair as it tries to get around it.
Based on tests, this feature is very useful in what Shark claims to do.
The important thing to remember is to keep the vacuum cleaner running for a minute or so after cleaning an area with a lot of hair to give it time to detangle any tangles.
It works better than Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Turbo Plus to prevent tangles on the brush roll.
Bissell Contains 67% of one gram contains 14″ hair wrapped on the brush while the shark Only 14%.
However, some consumers have complained about the hair getting wrapped around the brush.
It’s not just one complaint, but there have been several who have had pictures to show, so it’s worth noting.
Nothing was mentioned regarding the review procedure about consumers running the vacuum cleaner for a full minute after brushing their hair.
use vacuum stick
Unlike other bulky, full-size rolls, the Shark APEX has a Lift-Away feature that allows it to reach deep into furniture.
The lack of a huge dirt box and the moving house greatly eases it, giving it Vacuum stick function.
This configuration makes it easy to move it around to clean stairs and upholstery.
One of the Shark APEX’s greatest strengths is its ability to clean surface dirt regardless of the surface.
It scores high regardless of the size of the debris.
This product is one of the few options available to choose Remove dust, hair, fluff, lint, etc. without clogging or snowfall.
Shark also did an excellent job of sealing the nozzle, and it scored highly in crevice pickup tests.
Hard floor cleaning
Duo Clean shines the most on hard floor surfaces as it will pick up all the dirt on the surface regardless of whether it is solid wood or tiles.
Get professional advice about How to clean hard surfaces by clicking on the link.
Any Shark vacuum cleaner with Duo Clean System is a must in homes with many hard floors.
It will pick up large debris, fine dust and even sand thanks to the fine roller applicator.
The Shark APEX AZ1002 isn’t too shabby on the carpet either.
It has the same suspended surface dirt that is captured with the deep cleaning feature of medium pile carpets.
APEX is a better choice indoors with different floor types than Dyson Ball Animal 2; It only works well on carpets.
How easy is Shark APEX to use?
Assembly out of the box is a breeze because all the connection points snap into place and lock into place.
Shark does an excellent job in terms of its easy-to-detach locking mechanism.
Fingertip controls on the handle provide instant access to various power settings.
Switching between these configurations is as easy as moving a button.
How much does APEX AZ1002 weigh?
This is upright Scale filters at over 16 pounds. It is one of the heaviest shark lists at the moment.
Having the electric lift off feature somewhat lightens the weight, but can be problematic in carrying it up and down a series of stairs.
Is it easy to empty the dust cup?
Dust cup capacity for AZ1002 Generous at 1.5 liters dry (or 0.4 gallons). It is one of the biggest places you will ever find.
Shark does a great job providing easy access to emptying its contents with doors on the top and bottom.
The internal gaps are not narrow, so it is easier to remove any debris stuck inside.
Maneuverability: Is it easy to steer?
Moving that bulky upright around the furniture won’t be much of a problem thanks to the swivel steering and new rubber wheels that roll more smoothly.
The weight is felt more in its standard configuration with the entire case weighing on the body itself.
This configuration is best on carpets, where the broom pushes itself forward due to the soft roller bar.
In the lift position, weight is not an issue since you’re holding the canister with one hand while guiding the nozzle with the other hand.
Size and Dimensions
The Shark APEX with Zero-M is a great standing space.
Here are its dimensions:
- Height: 46 inches
- an offer: 12.2 “
- rope length: 30 feet
- Khartoum: 5.5 feet
- Weight: 16.1 lbs.
- Cleaning path: 11 inches
It does not have a winding cord, so you will need to manually wrap the wire around the two hooks behind the broom.
Another reason to consider the Shark APEX AZ1002 is its sealed filtration system.
This model has several filters – two pre-engine filters and a post-motor HEPA filter that helps prevent allergens from escaping.
In fog tests, none of the 5-micron fog leaked through the system.
There isn’t much when it comes to keeping this shark straight.
All filters are washable and considered ‘Lifetime Filters’, so there is no need to constantly buy new filters.
Shark recommends washing the engine pre-filters once every three months and the HEPA filter once a year.
Just in case any of the filters get dirty or broken, Shark has replacement packages available.
Be sure to visually check periodically to see if any of these filters need cleaning to keep your vacuum cleaner performing better in the long run.
Zero-M technology also reduces brush roll maintenance by automatically detangling hair and other dirt as you brush.
This technology appears to work based on tests and reviews, but there are some complaints.
Even with the absolute power of the motor, it is not as noisy as the analogy Between 72 and 76 decibels Depending on where you put the noise meter.
|Model||Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M AZ1002|
|sucking||water lift 101 inch|
|air flow||90 feet per minute|
|dirt capacity||1.5 liters dry|
|cleaning path||11 inches|
|power rope||30 feet|
Is Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M Worth the Money?
The short answer is, yes, it is.
Here are several reasons why it provides excellent value.
- Great cleaning performance: The AZ1002 is one of the best performing options regardless of the price. When you look at overall performance, especially on hardwood floors, it beats more expensive options like Miele and Dyson.
- Fully closed system: This is one of the Lowest cost rolls with fully closed system. Other options, such as the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser, include HEPA filtration, but allergens seep through their system.
- Clean under furniture: Very few rolls will have the ability to deep clean under furniture the way APEX does.
- First-class build quality: Shark has also improved the quality of the plastic it mainly uses on the hose. All tools will be installed comfortably, and you will feel the build quality is durable.
- cleverness: The lifting system gives it the versatility of a vacuum cleaner.
Don’t worry about spending more on this because the lower maintenance costs make up for it. Basic parts like belts, filters, brushes and snap-ins are widely available on Shark if you need any.
We earn a commission if you click on this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Verdict: Who Should Buy a Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M?
There is no doubt that the Shark APEX AZ1002 is an excellent product, but it fulfills your needs right at home.
To help you answer this question, I will enumerate the scenarios in which this void would be most useful.
- Large homes with a mix of carpets, rugs and hard surfaces: The DuoClean system is one of the best options for cleaning different types of floors. There is no need to switch tools to clean dr. DuoClean will clean most surfaces well enough.
- Houses with lots of pets: Zero-M is a great feature that will work as advertised. It will detangle the hair (pet or human) and keep the brush clean.
- Need a vacuum cleaner in a commercial environment: Some cleaning companies use this broom in their cleaning business because it cleans exceptionally well.
- You don’t want to buy more than one vacuum cleaner: The lift system gives it the ability to clean areas like the car’s interior, upholstery, air vents, stairs, and more.
A cheaper option than the Dyson 2 ball animal with similar performance
- Work environment – 94%
- Surface cleaning – 97%
- deep cleaning – 100%
- Quality – 95%
- Design – 95%
- Values - 92%
The Shark APEX DuoClean with Zero-M is an excellent choice for homes with lots of pets. Independent testing has proven Zero-M is able to prevent pet or human hair from getting wrapped around the brush. The most powerful vertical of the Shark, but also the largest — heavier than the previous APEX version by a few pounds. The hefty weight isn’t an issue in the “Lift” mode because the weight is split in this configuration. Overall, I would recommend the APEX DuoClean to people who are looking for a full-size pole to clean their homes with bare floors and carpets.