A few months ago, I tested Redmi F8 Stormand achieved high scores in my previous cleaning tests.
The Roidmi NEX is an updated version of the F8 Storm with the same set of tools plus an additional accessory – a detachable wet/dry mop that sticks behind the main cleaning head via a magnet.
2 in 1 multifunctional vacuum cleaner with mop
Roydmi Nex Storm
Ten years ago, the idea of a cordless vacuum as a standalone household cleaning tool was not feasible. Thanks to advances in battery technology, what was once thought impossible is now possible. The Roidmi NEX Storm 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is one such option with an 8-cell, 2500mAh Li-ion battery that Roidmi says For up to 60 minutes. It has three power modes designed to maximize uptime for different configurations. One advantage over the Dyson V8 or V10 is Detachable mop that you can use for dry or wet mops. Unfortunately, the scan feature can only be used with a dump header – it’s not standalone.
* If you click on this link and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
- It has an excellent uptime up to 67 minutes On the lowest setting using non-powered tools.
- The push-button switch does not require you to press the trigger to stay on – less stress on the fingers.
- It Cheaper alternative to me Dyson V10 and V11.
- Hermetic filtration system keeps allergens inside the dust cup.
- Small dust cup – only 0.5 liters from dry dirt.
- It struggles with large debris like Cheerios due to the narrow track near the dustbin.
- Special tools needed to remove the battery.
Introduction to Roidmi NEX
Here is the full review of Roidmi NEX on YouTube.
Note: Roidmi recently launched its latest product, X30 Pro. Please Click on the link to see the full review.
Designed by Roidmi NEX
Roidmi NEX is built on the concept of interchangeability, which gives it versatility. This vacuum cleaner can be used as a cordless vacuum cleaner or a handheld vacuum cleaner, depending on the configuration.
It uses a streamlined design with the motor and dust bin in the same horizontal plane for maximum efficiency.
The The configuration is very similar to the Dyson V11 Torque Drive. However, the The nozzle position differs from that of the Roidmi, in that the latter passes over the box rather than the front, as seen on the new Dyson cordless vacuum.
It has many tools that will not only clean floors, but also work above them, such as sofas, chairs, mattresses, vents and much more.
The addition of the flexible hose improves usability within confined spaces. I would say this is also a good option for cleaning the inside of your car despite the short crevice tool.
What improvements did Roidmi NEX bring to the F8 Storm?
The Roidmi NEX is an upgrade over the F8 Storm with major engine and battery improvements.
Here is a summary of all the upgrades in Roidmi NEX Storm
- bigger engine: The newer NEX variant comes with a larger 435-watt motor that produces 145 watts aerodynamic (or AW), while the older F8 Storm has 415 watts, or 115 AW.
- Longer battery life: Roidmi also put in a larger 8-cell Li-ion battery that will run for up to 60 minutes using a non-motorized tool.
- mop tool: It also comes with a wet/dry mop tool that sticks to the back of the cleaning head with a magnet. So with this tool in place, it can be used as a wet or dry mop. Unfortunately, the mop is not a standalone mop.
- Medium power setting can be accessed by switch: In the older Roidmi F8, the middle setting could only be accessed using the app, but this is no longer the case with the NEX where all three modes are available with the switch.
- Detachable battery: The NEX battery is removable and easily replaceable.
How is Roidmi NEX Storm cleaned?
Roidmi NEX has one main cleaning head with two interchangeable brushes.
Comes with a soft roller brush and a standard whisking bar.
Even if it doesn’t have a rolling brush feature, it works just as well on bare floors as it does on carpet.
This type can clean perfectly on bare floors because it has an adequate clearance that allows large bits of debris to fit in.
similar to Dyson V10 and V8The Roidmi NEX comes with a soft roller tool that works best on hard surfaces.
The biggest strength of this tool is its ability to pick up large debris Most other stick blanks With standard cleaning heads you won’t get done.
Roidmi says this tool is water-resistant, so it’s usable with a mop. But don’t use this to clean anything wet, or you will risk damaging the motor and voiding the warranty.
Carbon Fiber Cylindrical Brush
This tool has a combination of soft carbon fiber bristles and a blade type brush that will provide great agitation for carpeting.
The fine bristles are excellent at picking up fine dust, while the rubber blades handle large dirt particles with ease.
The two brushes will work well on both surfaces, so unless your home only has bare floors, it makes sense to leave the bristle brush attachment rather than constantly switching.
Aside from the brush attachments, the NEX also comes with a squeegee attachment. This tool uses a magnet to attach itself behind the main cleaning head (see image above). It has a water tank (capacity 180ml) that you can use to dry or wet the mop to complement the water resistant properties of the soft roller brush.
What is inside the box?
Apart from the main cleaning head, it also contains other above-ground cleaning tools such as the built-in crevice/brush tool and a small turbo brush.
For added range, the NEX Storm also has a flexible hose tool for those hard-to-reach places.
Here is the complete set of tools
- slit tool: Cleaning tight spaces and cracks between seat cushions or seats inside the home or car.
- brush tool: This is great for cleaning roof vents, consoles or venetian blinds. This tool is an extension of the Slit Extension.
- small turbo brush It is an excellent tool for cleaning pet hair or dirt on fabric upholstery or mattresses. Its pivoting head allows for maximum traction on the surface while rolling back and forth.
- flexible hose: It extends the reach of the attachments, but is not usable with the smaller turbo brush because it doesn’t have any current contact points. When the hose is fully tightened, the hose is just over 32 inches long.
- mop attachment: This is great for dry or wet mopping floors. This tool is affixed behind the main cleaning head with a magnet. It is capable of storing up to 180ml of water for light wiping work. I would not recommend using this as a replacement for a traditional mop.
- extension stick: With this attachment, this vacuum can be used as a vacuum stick.
- User’s Manual: Only available in Chinese now.
- vacuum nix: The main unit where the motor, dust box, handle and filters are located.
- Main cleaning head: It contains two brushes – the soft roller bar and the carbon fiber brush.
These tools translate into a versatile cleaning tool that can clean floors, sofa, carpet and all types of upholstery.
How long is the battery life?
Roidmi says this cordless vacuum cleaner will run for up to 60 minutes on the low setting using a non-motorized tool. It will run for up to 38 minutes and 10 minutes at the maximum setting in boost mode.
Those numbers are impressive, so I decided to test how to run it with a non-motorized tool and see how long it could take.
|main cleaning head||61:34 minutes||29:06 minutes||12:07 minutes|
|Non-automated tools||67:45 minutes||31:50 minutes||12:09 minutes|
For testing, I charge the broom and turn it on with the main cleaning head, a small turbo brush, and a non-motorized tool until it turns off with a timer next to it at different power settings.
Please note that there is a margin of error in the tests I do. But these numbers represent how long that void will last in the real world.
Roidmi says the battery is detachable from the unit, but you’ll need a hex tool to remove the three screws holding the orange cap.
Replacement batteries are not yet available but will be in the future.
To see how well the Roidmi NEX performed, I ran several cleaning tests to gauge how well it cleaned different types of dirt on carpets and exposed floors on different types of litter from fine to large debris.
I used different types of squash, such as Cheerios, Coffee, and Quaker Oats. In hard floor tests, I sprinkled 30 grams of ground coffee, Quaker oats, and Cheerios. I used 50 grams of ground coffee for the surface and deep carpet cleaning tests.
- Total: 81.77%
- Solid ground: 72.85%
- Carpet (surface pickup): 95.66%
- Carpet (deep cleaning): 76.8%
Results on exposed floors are skewed due to NEX failing to clean Cheerios effectively. Check out Cheerios test results, score It will be 94.68.
Executing floor cleaning
Regardless of the brush, the Roidmi NEX excels at sweeping bare floors. In many of the tests I’ve done, I’ve been able to capture 100% ground coffee and Quaker oats.
If there’s anything the Roidmi NEX suffers from, it’s a Cheerios-like big wreck. This is due to the vacuum design and not the lack of power.
Trash passes through an extension stick and then a narrow slot before entering the inside of the bin.
The narrow opening is a bottleneck of holding large items together.
It has also been successful in cleaning dirt with capturing surface dirt on a low-pile carpet, and capturing 98% of the ground coffee.
The deep cleaning test was able to pick up 47 grams from 50 or 94%.
I didn’t bother doing the cherry tests on the carpet because of the clogging problem while experimenting on the bare floors.
Does the scanning facility work?
One of the most obvious upgrades the NEX has over the F8 is the wipe feature.
Roidmi heavily advertises this in their Kickstarter add-on, so I decided to see if it worked.
Watch this video and see for yourself.
Yes, it was a big mess, but that’s the impression I got when I first saw the ad.
The things I tested on were normal Household stuff like ketchup And soy sauce.
I did this experiment to see the potential problems if it would absorb debris and cup dust.
Imagine cleaning a bowl full of fun and milk. As the advertisement shows, cleaning the vacuum cleaner itself will be more difficult.
I’m not selling to use as a replacement for a hardwood floor cleaner meant for the job.
The mop itself is small, and the risk of damaging the main floor tool is great to make it useful to use it that way.
How easy is the Roidmi NEX to use?
Next, let’s have a look at the usability of Roidmi NEX. We will review several important features that affect it.
One of the Roidmi NEX’s strong points is its ring knob that extends well beyond the motor. It is designed so that you can grip it at different angles, so the pressure on the wrists is less.
However, since the motor and dust cup are on top, you can still feel the weight mostly on the wrist.
Unlike the Dyson V10 or V11, it does not use a power switch. Roidmi designers chose to use a pressure switch that does not require constant pressure.
There are two types of switches. The first one at the top of the battery near the indicator lights is the power switch. You can also use it to switch between different power modes and hold it for a few seconds to turn it off.
The second switch located at the back of the handle near the exhaust manifolds is the button that toggles between the different power settings.
People who want something that doesn’t require pulling the trigger will benefit from this product.
Thanks to the swivel steering, moving around and under furniture will not be a problem with this vacuum cleaner.
The extension stick extends almost flat so that it can reach deep into the furniture.
Empty the trash
To empty the contents, the dust basket must be separated from the body. It’s simple – press the button in front of the container to release the lock.
Once the dust cup is out, twist the top cover to remove the filter assembly, then empty the contents.
magnetic holder on the wall
unlike Dyson at 10 Which uses a bulky wall mount, the Roidmi NEX uses something a bit more compact. There are two mounting options – using double-sided tape or screws.
The stand also doubles as a charger. So you have the option of the cable on the stand rather than the vacuum itself.
Prevents situations where you accidentally unplug the vacuum cleaner with the plug still running.
The main thing to take care of for any vacuum is filter cleaning.
I asked a representative from Roidmi if the filter was washable and the replacement cycle. she said that The filter is not washable And It should be replaced every three to six months, Depending on the environment, usage and the amount of dust.
A pack of six filters will cost about $35 on Amazon (including shipping), so if you Replace it every six monthsAll you have to do is spend $8.75 per year on replacement filters. On the high side (or replace filters every three months) annual cost Doubles to $17.5.
One way to extend the service life of these filters is to use a dusting brush or a handheld vacuum cleaner with a brush tool to do the job.
Does the Roidmi NEX offer exceptional value?
At the moment, the Roidmi NEX is not available in major US online stores like Amazon. The only place you can buy it will be on Aliexpress, and it will cost just under $450 – still cheaper than Dyson at 10.
The biggest question mark for me would be the long-term availability of parts like the battery and filter.
Only time will tell if Roidmi lives up to its promise, but if you look at the previous version, the F6 Storm, parts like the filter are available.
Roidmi says they back up their product with Two years warranty and free lifetime customer service.
Five reasons to buy a Roidmi NEX
- Exceptional uptime: The 8-cell Li-ion battery exceeds the 60-minute (61:34 minutes to be exact) that Roidmi claims to have, and that’s at the lowest power setting with the main cleaning head.
- LED headlight: This feature greatly aids in visibility when cleaning under furniture.
- No need to press: One of the complaints I’ve heard from Dyson owners is the need to pull the trigger constantly. There will be no problem with the buttons on the NEX that stay on.
- powerful motor: The new Engine-X brushless motor spins at up to 120,000 revolutions per minute and generates 145 watts of suction power.
- Six stages of filtration: Roidmi has six filter layers, starting with the metal mesh filter and ending with the HEPA filter after the motor.
We earn a commission if you click on this link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Roidmi is slowly bridging the gap between itself and Dyson with improvements in the second generation NEX variant.
Even with the main cleaning brush attached, it exceeds the advertised 60-minute runtime by more than a minute.
The set of tools that come with this alternative is very generous. My preferred attachment would be the hose because it expands the reach of non-motorized tools.
There will be other issues, such as the small size of the dust cup and the need for a special tool to remove the battery and the second HEPA filter.
But overall, this is an excellent product that does the job efficiently.
The biggest question mark now will be the availability of parts like the battery and filters.
Is this new Xiaomi product better than the Roidmi F8?
- Work environment – 90%
- Surface cleaning – 84.25%
- Quality – 95%
- Design – 90%
- Values - 89%
- deep cleaning – 76.8%
Like the F8, the Roidmi NEX Storm is an above average vacuum cleaner that is very capable of cleaning surface dirt on a variety of surfaces. Surprisingly, at least to me, the NEX is less powerful than the F8 in terms of airflow but less noisy. The wiping attachment won’t work on heavy spills but it does a decent job on the lightest of messes. It would be a mistake to think that it will replace a self-contained mop.