In this comparison, we’ll go deeper into covering the differences between the Dyson V6 and V10.
When James Dyson first unveiled the Dyson V6 over three years ago, they introduced the fine cylinder cleaning head that It changed the way we think about how vacuums clean bare floor surfaces.
Before we proceed, let’s take a quick look at the spec sheet battle between these two.
- Energy: 100 watt antenna
- the show length: 20 minutes
- recharge: 3.5 hours.
- Dust cup size: 0.4 liters
- Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Energy: 151 watt air
- the show length: 60 minutes
- recharge: 3.5 hours.
- Dust cup size: 0.77 liters.
- Weight: 5.9 lbs
The massive clearance at the top and the gripping nature of the cylinder rod make cleaning large dirt ideal.
James Dyson said recently They no longer make corded vacuum cleaners Because of Dyson V10.
So in this article, we’ll be comparing the best of the line Dyson V10 (specifically, the absolute) and the now entry-level Dyson V6.
Which is better than Dyson?
The Dyson V10 cleans better than the V6.
The Dyson V10 better product than Dyson V6. It has a larger motor, larger battery cells, and better airflow, providing better cleaning performance. Not only does it perform better, but the usability is also better thanks to the container that is less messy to empty and easier to toggle between switches that are easy to move from different power settings. The only downside I can see with the V10 is the price. It’s a much more expensive product, but if you want an easy-to-use product with excellent performance, the V10 is a no-brainer.
Dyson V6 Overview
Dyson V6 was once the best, now the most ‘basic’ Cordless vacuum cleaner available.
It retains the old DC series design but with a better battery, more powerful motor, and a new set of tools.
The V6 was the first Dyson engine to offer the soft cylinder rail that changed the way we vacuumed hard surfaces.
Before Dyson came out with this, almost all vacuum cleaners used a bristle brush on top of the main cleaning head.
The beauty of this tool lies in the design that allows it to clean a large pile of dirt that a standard tool cannot do
This tool was so successful that Dyson made improvements to it in its later versions.
Dyson has more variants in its V6 product line than any other, from stick vacuums to portable devices for cleaning vehicles, mattresses, carpets, upholstery and more.
The most important advantage of the Dyson V6 is the low price. The high-spec V8 Absolute will cost a fraction of its V10 counterpart but will have the same versatility.
If you don’t mind the limitations of a V6 engine and want something capable of cleaning your house, this isn’t a bad choice.
- Prices have decreased significantly
- Versatile machine capable of cleaning most parts inside the home and vehicle
- Great for cleaning carpets and hard floors
- The dust cup is difficult to empty.
- short term time
The Dyson V6 is an excellent choice if you want a cordless vacuum cleaner with great performance and don’t worry about its flaws. It doesn’t have as much power as the Dyson V10 and won’t run for long, but it’s much cheaper. What I like about the V6 is the number of options it offers. Please read my V6 comparison guide for the different variants.
Dyson V10 Overview
before Dyson V11.0 The Dyson V10 was Dyson’s most expensive, powerful, and feature-rich cordless vacuum cleaner.
Learn more about the differences between Dyson V10 and V11 in this article.
This enables it to clean the best other brands available in the market. Not only that, but a maximum run time of 60 minutes also gives it more range than other cordless cleaners.
Like the Dyson V6, the V10 is a versatile machine that can clean floors and upholstery to a higher level.
Dyson has completely redesigned its product with significant changes to airflow and how the dust cup is emptied.
These improvements also translate to a larger dust cup that can hold more dirt.
If you don’t mind spending the highest dollar value, then The Dyson V10 is a great choice.
- Powerful vacuum cleaner capable of cleaning bare floors and carpets
- Can be used as a handheld and wand vacuum cleaner
- Larger cell batteries enable a working time of up to 60 minutes.
- big filter
- Too expensive for wireless
The Dyson V10, with its larger engine and improved floor tools, will do better, especially on carpet. This vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice for people who live in medium to large homes with carpets as a cleaner for high-traffic areas. It has enough power and action to clean even on thick carpets.
Dyson V6 vs. V10: Design
The Dyson V6 is, at its core, a stick vacuum just as much as the V10.
If you do not know what a vacuum cleaner is, It is a lightweight version of the upright vacuum cleaner to provide more versatility at the cost of energy.
Dyson design consists of three main components – (1) Cleaning headAnd (ii) Extension stick, And (3) body vacuum Includes motor, dust cup, filters and power switch.
When it first came out over a decade ago, it was a revolutionary design that changed the game in many ways.
The extension wand and basic cleaning attachment make the Dyson V6 and V10 usable on a variety of floor surfaces from carpet to tile.
Remove the extension stick, and it becomes lightweight and portable.
Owns a Dyson V6 . engine More than ten variables. You can check out my guide to see how they differ from each other in this in-depth guide.
For the Dyson V10, you only get three options:
- Dyson V10 Absolute – Comes with most attachments in the package which includes the latest in torque motorized cleaning head (works on carpets and bare floors actually), soft roller head (great for big messes on bare floors), crevice tool, small soft dusting brush, collector and small motorized tool (great for upholstery)
- V10 Animal Basically it is the same as the absolute but imperfect roller cleaning head
- V10 . engine head Most of the 3 options that come with the older version of the V8 direct engine cleaning head, crevice tool, and built-in tool
Note that with the V6, all variants have the same engine and battery; Hence it will produce the same power and runtime.
The difference will be what attachments and filters you will get. Please read the link above for more information on what’s in the box for each model.
The same goes for the V10. all variables
To make this comparison more concise, I’m going to compare the best spec options for both, the V10 Absolute and the V6 Absolute.
Cleaning performance (how it cleans)
At the heart of every Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner is a multi-cyclone system that filters dirt well enough, so you don’t have to wash the filter as often.
These cyclones will circulate dirt around the filters to prevent it from clogging the primary filter inside thus maintaining performance as the dustbin fills.
The suction is still good even when dirt exceeds the max, so it’s proof of efficacy.
The top-spec V10 and V6 Absolute models both come with the coarse and fine hair rollers.
The difference is that the V10’s main floor cleaning tools (a torque motor cleaning head and a soft roller head) will have more action and make it a better choice when cleaning carpet.
On the plus side, the Dyson V6 has more power on its lowest setting (28 versus 15.8 watts aerodynamic).
How will this affect cleaning performance in the real world? Let’s find out.
I’ll share some videos with some comments later. If you know me, I’m a fan of Big Mayhem Tests. These tests push the blanks to their breaking point and test their stability.
The first clip is the Dyson V6 trying to clean up that pile of pet hair on the carpet.
That’s a lot of pet hair. V6 Absolute picked up almost all the pet hair strewn on the floor in our eye test.
However, most of the pet hair was sitting on top of the rug.
The second section shows you how V6 carried out on solid wood, This time with the gentle attachment.
Even at normal power, the V6 is powerful enough to pick up dust and cedar falling on cracks. This shows you how effective the gentle tool can be on bare floors, whether at cleaning dust, cedar, or pet hair.
The Dyson V10 works well on hard floors and carpets. With increased airflow, the V10 does a better job of cleaning surface dirt and debris.
Find out how the V10 performs on hard floors with the Soft Roller attachment.
Even the Torque Drive accessory performs well on hard surfaces thanks to the adjustable gates.
One carpet, the V10, did well, achieving nearly 100% in all tests.
It’s not as good as the more expensive V11 Torque Drive, but it’s not that expensive.
Here’s the V10 and V11 side by side.
You can see from the short clip that both the V10 and V11 are clean on the surface quite well.
If you’re looking to save even more, the V10 Animal is a better deal because the Torque Drive attachment will clean hard floors well. However, if you are concerned about scratches, the Fluffy accessory is a must.
You’ll get pretty much the same set of brush tools from both variants. These tools will allow you to clean almost all areas of your home or vehicle.
Here’s what you get with the Dyson V6 Absolute
- combination tool: Combines upholstery and brush tool in one.
- Slotting Tool: Excellent Option to clean narrow spots and cracks
- Soft dusting brush: Ideal for more delicate surfaces such as lamp shades
- Direct Engine Cleaning Head: The tool you need to clean carpets
- thin head: Great on hard floor surfaces
Dyson Tools V10
- Combination Tool: That’s great Option to clean loose dirt on upholstery, vents, keyboards, etc.
- slit tool: Tight cleaning tool
- Small soft dusting brush: For cleaning the most delicate furniture such as curtains or lampshades
- Torque driver cleaning head: Great tool for cleaning carpets
- Soft Roller Head (or Fluffy Tool): The device you want to use to clean hard floors such as tile or hardwood
Both also have a wall-mountable charger if you don’t mind drilling a couple of screws into the wall. This gives you easy access to the vacuum cleaner when you need it.
I would suggest getting a hose attachment if you are looking to use either of these to clean the inside of your car. This tool helps a lot in cleaning areas like the dashboard and under the seat.
Size and Dimensions
The Dyson V10 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is the largest and heaviest in weight, but not by much.
It measures 49.2 inches long and 9.8 inches wide. The cleaning path will be a little narrower since there are slight gaps on both sides.
The V6 measures 47.2 inches long and 9.8 inches wide.
Ease of use
When it comes to usability and access, both the V6 and V10 engines are roughly equal.
- crowd: Putting the different tools together is not difficult thanks to the quick release lever on all of its attachments. This is what separates Dyson cordless and inferior brands.
- cleverness: Thanks to the interchangeable tools, these vacuums will work as a handheld or suction cup vacuum cleaner.
- Work environment: Carrying a Dyson cordless vacuum is similar to carrying a nerf gun in that you pull the trigger to turn the machine on. Despite complaints in reviews, Dyson stuck to this design because they believed it helped maximize uptime. Great because you only use power on demand, but pressing the trigger can strain your fingers and wrist.
Empty the dirt basket
Image source: YouTube
The Dyson V6 has a lever in front of the trigger that opens a trap door, and dirt falls under it.
It works in theory, but the fact is that when cleaning something with dust or hair, it can stick to the walls of the metal shroud that covers the filter in the middle.
Consumers have complained about this problem, and Dyson has improved its design, starting with the V8.
Dyson has revamped the design of the Dyson V10 enclosure. Now the motor, dust box and filter are aligned in a straight line. They did this to improve airflow and efficiency.
The Dyson V10 dirt bin is emptied more directly using the engine, dust cup and filter. Just aim the dust cup at the container and slide the latch down.
Doing so will push all the dirt down and clean the metal shroud. In my opinion, this system is easier to use. You don’t have to use your fingers to dig into dust and hair.
Can you replace the Dyson V6 and V10 battery?
batteries Inside Dyson V6 and V8 are replaceable. You don’t have to worry about spending hundreds of dollars on a paper-heavy vacuum cleaner when the battery stops working.
Currently, you can buy batteries for the Dyson V6. Since the V10 is a new product, there are no aftermarket batteries available for sale yet.
It is a very simple task if you have the right tools. Even if James Dyson says the Dyson V10 battery will last 15 years, it’s good to know you can replace it if the unexpected happens.
Price and value for money
Here’s the deal with Dyson V10 and V11 On the market, the price of a V6 engine has fallen significantly.
When the V6 Absolute came out, you had to pay more than $500, but it’s now much cheaper.
Make no mistake this is still a good product with pretty decent performance, especially with the top spec V10.
Expect the same build quality you expect from Dyson. In my opinion, the biggest downside would be the shorter runtime, so it’s more suitable inside smaller homes. Another problem is the dirt bin, which can be very messy when emptying. If you don’t mind these issues, it’s a big deal.
One significant drawback of the Dyson V6 is its runtime, which is much lower than the V10 which will clean for up to 60 minutes.
This feature, combined with the large container, makes this great even in medium-sized homes with even carpets and rugs.
Container emptying is another advantage of the new design. It won’t be boring or messy anymore. The sliding lever will quickly push dirt wherever it is directed.
The Dyson V10 is the most powerful cordless vacuum cleaner to date, which means excellent cleaning performance. Some blogs say like cleaning performance is “perfect”, but I wouldn’t go that far because this broom won’t clean as deeply as it is upright.
Dyson Cyclone V10 works great on hard floors and carpets
Verdict: Dyson V6 or V10?
So which of these two brooms gives a better value? Dyson V6 or V10? If you want something cheaper, you’ll have to opt for a Dyson V6 and deal with that messy dust cup to get rid of it and a shorter runtime.
Winner: Dyson V10
The V6 offers great value for money, but the Dyson V10 is better overall
There is no doubt that the Dyson V10 is the better product overall. If you don’t mind spending a lot of money for a cordless vacuum cleaner, this is the obvious choice. An upgrade in power means better cleaning performance that cleans carpets better, plus the upgraded dust cup is larger and easier to empty.
4 good reasons to buy a Dyson V6
Even if the alternative is older, the Dyson V6 Absolute will provide decent cleaning performance on any surface, excellent build quality, and the versatility capable of cleaning any part of your home.
- low price: As the V6 is the oldest in the Dyson V line, it’s one of the cheapest options out there. With each new cordless vacuum cleaner coming out of Dyson, expect prices to drop.
- You live in a smaller house: V10 may be eligible for use in smaller homes. Save yourself a few hundred dollars for a V6 engine.
- lighter: The Dyson V6 is lighter than the Dyson V10.
- Still a decent performer: With its direct drive cleaning head and thinner head, the V6 doesn’t cut the liver in terms of cleaning your home.
5 good reasons to buy a Dyson V10
- Easy to unload: Redesigned dust cup makes getting rid of dirt easier. Just slide the lever down, and get out of the trash. It even cleans the shroud.
- Extended run time: Dyson says this cordless vacuum cleaner will run for up to 60 minutes, but that’s without using any of the machine tools.
- big bin: There will be fewer trips to the trash.
- Excellent cleaning performance: It has excellent airflow that makes it even better at cleaning carpets than the V6.
- Looks great: This vacuum feels more like a giant nerf gun than a vacuum cleaner.